And I mean it!
The Tolkien Professor has suggested that I record the pleasing patterns of wonderful words in The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. The story sings because the words dance. Come dance with them!
On this adventure, we use this edition of the work:
Tolkien, J.R.R. (2012-02-15). The Hobbit: 75th Anniversary Edition. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Kindle Edition.
We begin by saying Thank you:
- Corey Olsen, president of Signum University and my thesis advisor.
- Robin Reid, for advice on fair use and assistance with using the text.
- John Rateliff, for assistance with the 1937 text.
- Doug Anderson, for advice on paragraph enumeration.
- Daroc Alden, coder and data-moosher.
- Grace Alden, my wife.