Most boiling is theoretical in the book, as a possible preparation method for dwarves or hobbits. In Chapter 13, it’s used as a gerundive to describe the motion of the water.
- 01.066 Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl;
- 02.002 boiled water,
- 02.080 and boil them,
- 02.086 and boil them.
- 02.087 “No good boiling ’em!
- 02.092 and boil them next time.
- 05.042 The answer’s not a kettle boiling over,
- 06.074 fry them, boil them and eat them hot?
- 13.048 there issued a boiling water,
One thought on “Boil”
[…] Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl; Pound them up with a thumping pole; And when you’ve finished, if any are whole, Send […]