The last roaring is part of a magnificent image of Beorn:
The roar of his voice was like drums and guns; and he tossed wolves and goblins from his path like straws and feathers. He fell upon their rear, and broke like a clap of thunder through the ring.
- 01.079 The pines were roaring on the height,
- 07.099 and like a tide it roared and rolled;
- 10.006 like a distant roar.
- 12.021 roaring like thunder underground,
- 12.029 with a noise like a roaring wind.
- 12.031 they could hear the roar of the flying dragon grow
- 12.101 they heard the roar
- 14.011 before the roar of Smaug’s terrible approach grew loud,
- 14.013 Roaring he swept back over the town.
- 14.024 The lake roared in.
- 17.040 Winter thunder on a wild wind rolled roaring up
- 17.051 there rose from across the valley a deep-throated roar.
- 18.023 The roar of his voice was like drums