My word! Dungeon means both the top of the tower and the underground holding cell.
- 01.073 To dungeons deep and caverns old
- 01.077 To dungeons deep and caverns old
- 01.082 To dungeons deep and caverns dim
- 01.132 in the dungeons of the Necromancer.’
- 01.144 To dungeons deep and caverns old
- 08.133 It was also the dungeon of his prisoners.
- 08.145 There in the king’s dungeon poor Thorin lay;
- 09.030 they came to Thorin’s dungeon,
- 09.069 They had escaped the dungeons of the king
“dungeon, n.” OED Online. Oxford University Press, June 2015. Web. 27 July 2015.