“Pipe” gets the “food” tag just as rooms and food storage containers do. We must note, however, that the use in 14.040 refers to the sound of birds, not to a tool for smoking tobacco. Word Fans, I’m counting on you to double-check me when it comes time to graph all the food words, that I do not count that instance of “pipe”, and I’m sure many other words to come which have double meanings. “Clay-pipe” has already been addressed as an uncommon word.
- 01.006 smoking an enormous long wooden pipe
- 01.010 And a very fine morning for a pipe of tobacco out of doors,
- 01.010 If you have a pipe about you,
- 01.068 and found Thorin with his feet on the fender smoking a pipe.
- 02.027 and Bilbo’s pipe
- 04.013 got out their pipes
- 05.004 After some time he felt for his pipe.
- 07.116 and he took out his pipe.
- 14.040 and piping.